Yield: 8 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp White-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Shallot, minced
- ¼ tsp Hot sauce (i.e. Tabasco)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Paprika (for garnish)
Parmesan crisps, Dried Spanish chorizo, cornichon, balsamic drizzle, dehydrated olives, pine nuts
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan; add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Remove pan from heat; cover, and let stand for 13 minutes. Drain, and run eggs under cold water to cool them.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, shallots, and hot sauce.
- Peel eggs, and halved lengthwise; remove yolks, leaving whites intact. Transfer yolks to bowl with mayonnaise mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mound yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.