Maki Sushi Roll Instructions
For The Sushi Rice
- Short Grain Rice
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Wash rice thoroughly through fine strainer or rice net. Rinse until water begins to run clear with no residual starch ‘clouds’.
- Cook rice using electric or gas rice cooker. Amounts can vary but ratio of water to rice should remain 1.5/1 consistently by volume. Ex. 48oz of water to 32oz of dry uncooked rice.
- After rice is finished cooking and steaming in rice cooker, approx.. 40-45 mins depending on volume. Place rice into large plastic container and slowly mix with seasoned rice vinegar; pouring vinegar slowly over large wooden spoon in order to disperse evenly. Vinegar amount should be a ratio of ¼ portion vinegar to 1 portion rice. Ex. 1 cup of vinegar to 1 quart of cooked rice.
- After mixing vinegar consistently with rice, gently turn rice over to cool evenly.
- Rice should cool to around 100 degrees Fahrenheit before moving to a storage container to keep warm or around 80-90 degrees before using.
- 1Lb Tuna (ground or fresh scraped)
- 8oz Sriracha
- 4oz Togarashi
- 2oz Sesame Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, adjusting seasoning to taste or spice preference
- 1Lb Fresh Crab Meat
- 4oz Mayonnaise
- Togarashi To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- 3oz Green Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Drain water/juices from crab meat until mostly dry.
- Incorporate dry ingredients first to evenly season, then add mayonnaise until mixture is well bound. Ex. Easily formed into shape
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.