Financial Aid

How to Pay for School

Perhaps one, if not the biggest question is “How do I pay for school?”.  The answer is not simple and is different for everyone. While our recommendation and preference is to see our students work in the culinary industry, gain relevant experience, and pay for school from their earnings…we know this is not possible for everyone.  This is why we have several options available to make school more affordable according to your situation.

Below are some options available to assist in paying tuition for your education:

  • Monthly and Quarterly Payment Plans
  • Federal Financial Aid (see below for more info)
  • Loan Through The CSFTW
  • Personal Loan Through a Bank
  • Outside Scholarships

The Culinary School of Fort Worth is a registered Title IV school and we are here to help guide you through applying and securing your financial aid for your education at The CSFTW. Here is how you start:

APPLYING for Aid: All U.S. Citizens can file a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (known as the FAFSA) through this site: The Culinary School of Fort Worth’s code is 042764. Once you have completed this application, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processing center – make sure all of your information is correct on your application. At this point, your application has been processed and is in the review stage. Some applications will require additional documentation (ie., copies of your (or your parents’) federal tax transcripts).

Please contact the Director of Financial Aid at if you have any questions or need assistance with your financial needs

Net Price Calculator: The Net Price Calculator can help you get an estimate for your total costs to attend The Culinary School of Fort Worth. This defined as the Cost of Attendance – which includes tuition, books and supplies, room and board (meals) and other related expenses, minus the estimated grant and scholarship aid. Get an estimate »

Types of Aid available for those who qualify:

Federal Pell Grant:

Federal Pell Grants are usually offered to students who have not yet obtained a bachelor’s or professional degree and who demonstrate financial need and desire to continue their education post-secondary school. Every student is eligible to apply for a Federal Pell Grant.

Federal Student and Parent Loans:

Federal Direct Stafford Loan:

These loans are low-interest loans for students who qualify to help cover the cost of education after high school. Eligible students will be borrowing funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education. There are two types of loans: Subsidized Stafford Loan (which is need-based, and the government subsidizes the interest on the loan while the student is in school) and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (which is not based on need and the student is responsible for paying the interest while in school and during the deferment period). For more information you can visit the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans page on the Department of Education’s website.

Federal PLUS Loan (Parent Loan):

Parents of dependent students can borrow from the Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan program. These loans are not need-based and either or both parents can borrow. A credit check is required.

Scholarship Opportunities:

Additionally, the government makes funds available for use for education of qualified individuals including:

If you have further questions, please call (817) 737-8427 to discuss options.