Basic Egg Pasta
- 8 ounces of all-purpose flour or 00 flour
- 2 whole eggs
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
1 ounce of carrot, beet, spinach depending on what flavor or color you desire.
- When making basic pasta by hand mound flour and create with your finger a depression and the flour mound.
- Crack your eggs and put them in the center of the flour and water and oil with a little salt and mix together by hand.
- Pulling dough together should only take a few minutes.
- Make a ball flatten with your hand wrapped in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Using a Food Processor
- Place flour and egg together in the bowl and flavoring(above) if desired.
- Pulse flour and egg add water, salt and olive oil.
- Do not over hydrate the dough should feel like wet sand and hold together when gently pressed.